1. The festive tradition of the Christmas tree dates back thousands of years to the Romans and Ancient Egyptians.
2. It is illegal to stand within 90 metres of the Queen without socks on.
3. The Queen has two birthdays.
4. No word in the dictionary rhyme with the word orange.
5.. Apples float on water!
6. Number four is the only one with the same amount of letters.
7. More than 480 million people have played Monopoly.
8. Tomatoes and avocados are actually fruits, not vegetables.
9. The opposite sides of the dice always add up to seven.
10. A bolt of lightning is five times hotter than the sun.
11. A jar of Nutella sells every 2.5 seconds.
12. The world’s tallest man was Robert Wadlow from Michigan, America. He measured 8 feet and 2 inches (or 272cm).
13. ‘Arachibutyrophobia’ is the fear of getting peanut bar stuck to the roof of your mouth.
14. There are 31,557,600 seconds in a year.
Animal facts :
15. Slugs have four noses.
16. Bees are found everywhere in the world apart from Antarctica.
17. Caterpillars have 12 eyes!
18. Horses and cows sleep standing up.
19. There are more than 1,000 kinds of bats in the world
20. A hippopotamus can run faster than a man.
21. A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
22. Most insects hatch from eggs.
23. Pigs can’t look up into the sky – it’s physically impossible.
24. The shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.
25. An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its whole brain.
26. Kangaroos can’t walk backwards.
27. A dog’s nose is like a human finger print – unique to its owner.
28. Dogs’ hearing is 10 times better than a human’s.
29. Dogs can smell 100,000 times better than humans.
30. A group of frogs is called an army.
31. A pet hamster can run up to 8 miles a night on a wheel.
32. Monkeys can go bald in old age, just like humans.
33. Frogs drink water through their skin.
34. Only male toads croak.
35. Owls can’t move their eyeballs
36. Octopuses have blue blood and nine brains.
37. Emperor penguins can last 27 minutes underwater and can dive as deep as 500m.
38. A prawn or shrimp’s heart is in their heads.
39. Humming birds can fly backwards.
40. A Tiger’s skin is striped, like it’s fur.