1. Louis Vuitton was hired to make and pack boxes for Napoleon's wife.
2. Vuitton opened his first store in 1854. He began making handbags after the 1892 World's Fair.
3. The brand has not only legally acquired the copyright for its signature stripe pattern, but also for the color combination used in its products.
4. On original LV handbags, the handles and piping are made of cowhide leather in a light tan color, while the edge is dyed red with yellow stitching. Several weeks after using the bag, the leather handle turns dark brown. If it doesn't, then it must be a fake.
5. These bags are water- and fire-resistant. Canvas is used for waterproofing and PVC is used to fireproof the bags. This is one of the reasons why LV bags are so expensive.
6. Louis Vuitton bags are half the price in France as they are in China, so a lot of Chinese shoppers buy them while on vacation in France.
7. You will never find Louis Vuitton on discount.
8. Even though they have trademarked their signature design, 99% of Louis Vuitton merchandise in the world is fake.
9. LV bags are timeless. If you buy an LV bag today, you will be able to use it for another 20 years, at the least.
10. LV bags are not delicate. Instead, each bag goes through several durability tests; it is dropped from a height of half a meter for 4 days straight with a weight of 3.5 kgs inside, among other endurance tests. The material undergoes bombardment of ultra-violet rays to ensure resistance to fading. Also, the zippers are tugged open and shut around 5,000 times to ensure they work well while in the hands of a customer.